While we want everyone to have a great time, we also take the safety of children extremely seriously.
The festival is located on a working farm so there are areas that could be dangerous. These will be marked off, but adventurous children may ignore these signs. As a result, your children are your responsibility and you should know where they are at all times.
In the unlikely event that parents and children become separated here are a few key tips:
- Please write your surname (NOT forename) on the inside of your child's festival wristband in a permanent marker (we'll have these on the gate) and your mobile number.
- Please ensure your child knows your name in case an announcement needs to be made (as there are lots of mummies and daddies!)
- As you enter, please point out the stewards (and explain that the stewards pink and bright ble t-shirts) and the information tent (and explain to your child that they should go there if they get lost).
- Dress your child distinctively (bright colours, perhaps) and just to make sure you remember what they’re wearing on the day please take a photo (you may be surprised how many people forget)
- If you lose your child, please notify the stewards at the Information Tent (or any steward on site) and, if needed, they can make an announcement from the stage.
Lastly, please remember that it is an offence for any person to be drunk whilst responsible for a child so please drink responsibly and remember your responsibilities.
Dorset Fest is proud to be a family friendly festival, providing plenty of activities for all ages.
The ever popular Hula Hoop workshops returned in 2019 with huge success. Providing workshops and fun for all ages (no excuses please parents!) - although often the little ones prove to be far better at it!
We look forward to welcoming the Hula Hoop workshops back to DorsetFest 2020.
Crazy Kev is the master of children's entertainment and is making his debut performance at DorsetFest 2020.
The arts and crafts at DorsetFest offer the perfect place to relax and create some amazing things.
We have an array of stalls offering various activities including facepainting and the oppurtunity to create your own momentos of your wonderful weekend.
We are absolutely delighted to welcome back Bug Fest to DorsetFest 2020!
Run by the brilliant Nick, Bug Fest is based on an ethos of engaging and excitng education about our wonderful world.
However, don't be deceived into thinking that this is just for children, Bug Fest is also there to scare and amaze the parents too.
So head on over to the main lawn to visit Nick and the fascinating creepy crawlies!